Wednesday 6 May 2015

My holiday's preparation secrets..

This post is all about holiday preparation..well if you are a fairly high maintance woman like me you probably know well what I am talking about.
As going on holiday is certainly great news and something to look forward to, but it also means showing off our body in the sun so we all need a bit of preparation to feel confident on that beach.
I have been looking forward to my holiday to Dubai for a little while and I must admit I have been doing some "extra beauty work" to try to look my best.







I thought I may as well start with my feet as after a winter hybernation on holiday they will be on show with sandals and heels. After a long and cold winter my feet were looking dry and my heels were a bit cracked. I have been using the Clarisonic Pedi for several weeks now and I can definetely see an improvement in my feet. Thanks to sonic motion the exfoliating brush and smoothing disc  go to exfoliate and remove dead cells, my feet are now smoother and ready for the beach!





Sunbathing and relaxing on the beach will be the main activity on holiday so exfoliating is the key before getting our body in the sun. I thought my body needed exfoliating so why not add a little bit of countouring regimen as well?
I have been using Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub  which is the Vinotherapie's signature scrub that inspired Caudalie's body care collection.
This wine-inspired scrub provides a strong exfoliation, drains, refines, softens and nourishes.. it is really the perfect product to prepare the body for Summer and or a holiday.




After the scrub  which I have been doing twice a week,  I have been applying Caudalie Countouring Concentrate every night.
This 100% natural body treatment really helps to smooth curves, reduces the appearance of cellulite and helps drainage. I just put a bit of product on the palm of my hand and after showering with my body still wet. I warm up the product on my hands then rub it on my body paying particular attention to thighs, buttocks and stomach.





To get that extra results quite quickly as well as adding more walks and runs to my daily activities I have also been applying Vichy Cellu Destock Overnight every night before going to bed. Enriched in Pure Caffeine (5%) and in Adipo-Stim Complex it really helps in fighting cellulite and localised though  volumes. Morning after morning skin looks smoother and already after 2 weeks of use the appearance of cellulite is reduced.







After all this preparation my body definetely looks better but still looked pale as with this weather I could only get very little tanning before the holiday.
Caudalie is coming once again to the rescue with Divine Legs a lightweight tinted body lotion which gives legs a touch of sun without  the use of self-tanner. It really gives a nice glow  and add radiance also to already tanned legs. I love this product as it gives legs a lovely sunkissed look without the down-sides of a self-tanner.






Of course it doesn't end here as of course I have also been thinking about my hair.. Yesterday I went to the hairdresser's which ensured my highlights are now spot on but I have been taking care of my hair for a while to try to have it in perfect shape for the holiday.
I have been using the new  Kérastase Bain Therapiste line everytime I washed my hair. This is Kérastase brand new line for hair which is designed for damaged and over-stressed hair. Thanks to a new technology, highly charged with cationic polymers which boosts its restorative power. The line restores fibres inside each strands of hair giving extremely damaged and over-processed hair a new lease of life.




As face care is concerned I of course kept up my usual routine but added some extra care with some new products to give my skin that extra boost. I have been using L'Occitane Pivoine Sublime Perfecting  Cream and love it! Formulated with skin-perfecting peony extract and mineral-based optical correctors, this 24 h mosturising cream really helps in creating perfect looking skin. Complexion looks fresh, luminous and rested.





At night I have been using the new Dr.Hauschka Night Serum formulated with apple fruit and apple blossom extract which helps skin rediscover its natural balance  and stimulates its renewal processes. Oil free and lightweight supports skin's essential nightly processes while letting skin breath. I wake up to a radiant and fresh complexion every morning.




As for make up I have not changed my usual make up  just yet, but I have prepared some new products which I am wanting to take on holiday with me like some sparkling eyeshadows and bright lipglosses. I will talk about them on another posts. I have however been loving the new Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer. This is Clinique's new foundation and concealer in one which gives me a natural  beyond perfected look which also all day. It is lightweight and moisturising so as well as covering thoroughly it also allows skin to breath and doesn't clog pores.





Hope you enjoyed reading about my holiday's  preparation secrets and stay tuned for some more posts about my holiday's essentials!

Xoxo

My-Sweetvalentine








No comments:

Post a Comment