After a brief presentation held at the SBB Business Centre we then moved to the roof of the station where the Salt Outdoor Cinema is located to continue the celebrations and to toast to the new Windows 10.
The new Windows 10 gives you a truly personal experience, is familiar and easy to use, with quite a few similar features of Windows 7 such as the Start menu and is probably the best Windows yet. It is free and offers plenty of new apps and features.
Here some of the main features of Windows 10:
- Start Button : it is back and improved, when you open the Start menu you will see on the right a panel of live tiles where you can pin your fav apps.
- Run multiple desktops: side by side as if you had multiple PC monitors
- Central Notification Centre
- Windows Hello, your device will authenticate and recognise you based on your presence providing extra security.
- Edge: Microsoft's new web browser let you browse but also gets you into doing things as you can write notes directly on the web page and share them with others or save your fav reads for later.
- Cortana your personal digital assistant: it works across your day and devices to help you get things done.
- Music app combines your local music with any stored online on your OneDrive music folder and integrates Groove: Microsoft's music streaming service
- Movie & TV app let you buy or rent videos from the Microsoft store
- Skype is pre- installed
- Mail: clean lookin and you allows you to handle multi email accounts
Windows 10 is free for most people so there is really no reason for you not to update, it is a great operating system and probably the best Windows yet so what are you waiting for?