Tuesday 13 October 2015

My interview with MAC Senior Make Up Artist Maite Tuset

In the occasion of the HEAD Fashion Show in Geneva last week thanks to MAC Switzerland, I had the great oppurtunity to meet MAC Senior Make Up Artist for Spain Maite Tuset.
Born in Valencia, Tuset has since worked in Barcelona and more recently in Madrid. Her career began at her mother's make up cupboard and quickly soared after her experimental approach gathered a dedicated of followers.
It was great to be able to see Maite and the whole MAC team at work backstage at the HEAD fashion show were she took the time to answer my questions and talked me through the make up chosen for the fashion show.
Here is my interview with her:





With Maite Tuset




Which are the main makeup trends for Fall/Winter ? 
"We are entering the winter season even though there is a certain “globalization” in the air due to the use of the tan. It is a season of diversity and personality. It’s elegant and feminine. One of the trends focuses on the black color: black on both eyes and lips. On the lips, as part of the mix of color, we would find a dark trend. Punk inspires it, especially the tone. The black color is a sensitized version of punk, in which noble, chic and elegant looks are appreciated by the combination of these sources of black color with a polished, balanced and flawless skin.
As I said before, the skin, perfect and balanced, would be the softer trend. There are a lot of elements that appear on the face, though they are applied with a lot of skill and don’t distort the beauty nor decontextualize it. There are eyelashes, lips, blush, eyebrows, and even tiny eyeliners that together create an elegant look. You can perceive a subtle tan, which (why not?) is also present in winter.
The new smokey eyeswhich suffer from inclement weather, worn outmade by creamy texture techniques that break the lines and make them imperfect. Their shades are fuzzy, with grey and dirty tones. And, of course, the lips: this time in a tone that reminds us of the 70’s palette, brandy, cognac, brick tones with low ocher, which even move to other areas of the face."


What do you like the most about your job? 
"My job is amazing! I think one of the things I most like about it is the possibility of living amazing experiences, visiting other countries, meeting new people… Every day in my life is unique! it is a hard, but rewarding work. I am in direct contact with the product and have the opportunity to increase my creativity, besides working with the best company in the makeup industry and the number of interesting events we collaborate with is infinite and varied. I learn every day!"

Where do you get your inspiration?
 "Inspiration can come from anything or any situation: a movie, a new catwalk you've been to, a memory, a feeling, an image, a landscape… Even the smallest detail of the routine can inspire one. It is important to observe. I might say that the things that inspire me the most come from travelling or learning about other cultures. The variety."
Which are your absolute MAC must-haves products?
"In my opinion: an eyelash curler, Face & Body Foundation, Mascara In extreme Dimmension, Sketch Eye Shadow, Graphblack eye pencil, a cream blush and lip gloss. You’ll always find that in my bag. And, of course, the brush # 217 – indispensable!"

 If you could use only three MAC make-up products to create a make-up which one would they be? 
"Face&Body Foundation, In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara and a Lipstick that I can use both for my lips and as a blush."



Backstage at HEAD fashion show





With the MAC team Maite, Jessica, Ursula and fellow blogger Romina



Thank you 
MAC,
Ursula and Maite
for the lovely evening

No comments:

Post a Comment