To celebrate its close links with the world of motor racing and its F1 partnership with the team now known as the "F1 RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER TEAM", Tag Heuer presented yesterday its exhibition at the Geneva International MotorShow.
I had the pleasure to attend the press conference held at their 1000 m2 stand with special guests Patrick Dempsey Tag Heuer ambassador and owner / driver of the Porsche Dempsey Racing 911 RSR 2015, J.C. Biver CEO of Tag Heuer, Jack Heuer Honorary Chairman of Tag Heuer and Maurice Turettini President of the Geneva International MotorShow.
At the end of the press conference we even had the oppurtunity to taste some of Mr. Biver's cheese which he proudly produce himself!
Maurice Turettini, Jack Heuer, Patrick Dempsey and J.C Biver
Presenter Jacques Deschenaux interviews Patrick Dempsey
The press conference
J.C. Biver cut his cheese up with the help of
During the press conference they presented the five magnificent vehicles on display:
- The new F1 “Red Bull Racing - TAG Heuer RB12” 2016 - Red Bull Racing has amassed 4 Double World Champion titles (FIA Constructors and Drivers) in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- The Porsche Dempsey Racing 911 RSR 2015 - The car in which Patrick Dempsey finished 2nd at the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans in the LM GTEAm category, and won at Suzuka
- The March 701 Jo Siffert - The car offered to Jo Siffert by Porsche for the 1970 season (which did not include an F1 programme) to stop him joining Ferrari
- The famous Formula E 2016 - A single seater from the FIA electric championship with a Dallara chassis, Spark bodywork and a McLaren engine that develops 225 bhp under racing conditions
- and the fiery Abarth 595 “Competizione by TAG Heuer” - Developed with Garage Italia Customs, run by Lapo Elkann and limited to just 30 vehicles, this is the most powerful 4-seater in the Abarth range. Its 1.4 T-jet engine has been ramped up to 180 hp with torque of 250 Nm, thanks to a new turbine and a Monza Record high-performance exhaust. Its offers acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.7 seconds, and powerful, secure braking thanks to a Brembo oversize system.
The new F1 “Red Bull Racing - TAG Heuer RB12” 2016
The March 701 Jo Siffert
The miniature circuit
The Porsche Dempsey Racing 911 RSR 2015
and the Abarth 595 Competizione by Tag Heuer
Patrick Dempsey poses with Mr. J.C. Biver next to his Porsche 911
Mr. J.C. Biver in front of the " F1 Red Bull Racing Tag Heuer Team"
The stand features 5 racing simulators, a miniature circuit with electric cars, a bar, two vip lounges a large screen and a cointaner with the new Samsung Gear VR presenting the hystory of the Carrera.
There is also a pop-up boutique selling the new Tag Heuer watch collection.
Posing next to
the Porsche Dempsey Racing 911 RSR 2015
If you would like to visit the Tag Heuer stand the Geneva International MotorShow opened its doors to the public today and will be open everyday until March 13th 2016.