Tuesday 14 July 2015

A night with MAC at Montreux Jazz Festival


Last Thursday I had the great pleasure to be invited by MAC Switzerland to the Montreux Jazz Festival to watch Paolo Nutini live on stage.
They also gave me the oppurtunity to have my make-up done backstage ( yes, you have read it right!) by MAC Resident Trainer Jessica Le Bihan. I was over the moon! I have never been backstage of such a huge event so it was really a wonderful oppurtunity to have a look at what is like to be backstage and what goes off behind closed curtains.
Although I didn't get to see Paolo Nutini backstage, the opening act The Alabama Shakes where wondering about in the stages rooms and even called at the MAC boot to have some make up done.
The atmosphere is really cool but also very hectic as the artists run everywhere, rehearsing, getting ready or trying to relax a bit before the concert.
Now to the make-up..in agreement with Jessica we decided to go for a make-up which would be suitable for the long and very hot night ahead so she opted for a longlasting foundation and MAC Pro Longwear Foundation was the choice and I would have to add the perfect choice as my make up stayed put all through the night.
I asked Jessica to keep the eye look simple  and she created a perfect winged eyeliner using MAC Point Black Eyeliner. On the Eye she also used 24H Honeylust and what I would call a great discovery for me MAC Penultimate Brow Marker. Although Jessica told me this product is not new I must admit I had not seen it before and it would say it would require much more attention as for me it is a great product. It basically works like a marker and it adapts to your brow colour, it seems very easy to use and gave me a great result! It is already on my WANT list!
On to the next product she used on my eye ,which I was so impressed about the new (not out yet) Upward Lash Mascara..first I loved the packaging as it looks like a MAC Lipstick but just bigger and then the effect it gave on my lashes was just spectacular as if I had velvety big lashes..wow! Can't wait for it to come out , I will definetely talk about it in more details on a separate post as I was so impressed by it.
Many of you liked my lips and asked me about the products, well very talented Nicole used MAC Dangerous Lipstick after drawing a perfect lip contour with MAC Magenta Lip Pencil.
I really loved the make up as it was just perfect and suited  my outfit and the occasion as well as staying on all night even after all my singing and dancing to Paolo Nutini's songs.

 I would love to thank Ursula, Jessica, Maurane and the all MAC Switzerland team for giving me this great oppurtunity !!

































THANKS MAC SWITZERLAND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment